Temperature sensor no Rad Valve

Options
Hi. I'm adding a second zone to my house controlled by a second valve in the CH system. I will install a second wired thermostat to control this valve (as I understand it you have to have a new wired therm for each zone valve - stupid but hey ho).

:# Anyway what I want to know is can the temperature sensor be used to control the heat as it's in a different location to the wired therm in zone 2 or does it need a TRV as in zone 2.

It brings me to another issue that the whole reason I'm doing this is because zone 2 can't connect to the Tado hub as the WiFi is on a mesh. I hate Tado. Wish I'd never started this journey. It doesn't really ever do what I want and no one local (North Scotland) has any experience with them. :/

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options
    You’re fine to use the wired thermostat as the temperature measuring device for a room, or another measuring device like a trv or a wireless temperature sensor but I’m struggling to understand the last para. Adding an extra smart thermostat isn’t going to help your connection issues. If it isn’t connecting now it won’t in future unless you’re planning on moving the Tado bridge to find an optimum spot (if there is one).

Maybe Tado isn’t the right system for your house? Weather compensation or a product that allows signal extenders might work better.