Offline?

Options
Hi - I am new to Tado. Had so many problems with the system.
Can someone pls explain why the whole system keeps going offline?
Internet is good and all connected properly. Go on to app, every element is offline, TRVs, thermostat.
What is most common reason please?
Thank you!

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    That normally means a problem with your internet connection. It could be the bridge malfunctioning or it could be that the signal from it is too weak to connect to any of your devices but I think that’s unlikely. Have you looked in your router settings to make sure the bridge hasn’t been blocked by it?
  • davidlyall
    Options

What are the indicator lights doing on your bridge when this happens?

How are you resolving it each time or does it resolve itself?

Does it happen at specific times of the day or a fixed amount of time after you intervene?

How is your bridge powered? If it's from a USB port on the router, some routers are known to put the USB into power save if they don't detect data activity on the connection. As the bridge only draws USB power, this could be your issue.

• wateroakley
    Options

Your description suggests the common factor is the internet bridge (dongle) or router or power to the bridge. How is your internet bridge connected and powered ? And what model is the router? How do you resolve the problem or does it start working on it’s own? Where is the bridge located?

• NickS21
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. I think it is the dongle. It was not well located with hindsight. I have tried moving and so far so good.