Technical support

Options
As a complete novice I am so out of my depth with is equipment and it seems to me that you have to be a bit of a nerd to understand it at all.
Why isn’t there a simple manual to help people like me? Why are there no people in areas of the country who will talk my plumber or electrician through this installation? I’m at my wits end and ready to send the whole lot back!

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you clicked on the support tab? What are you struggling with? Installing the system should be no problem for a competent plumber or electrician.
  • wateroakley
    Options

@qwendgriffuk as Johnny says, installation should be straightforward for a competent heating professional, or plumber/sparky to understand. The professional setup is in the App. For non-professionals, Tado support provide setup instructions.

In a logical view of the Tado wireless starter kit …

The white wireless receiver box replaces your programmer. It has the wiring connections to the boiler/valves for CH and HW for most heating/HW systems. Tado support will tell you how to make the wire connections for your programmer and boiler.

The internet bridge/dongle connects into your internet router Ethernet port and power.

The Tado smart TRVs replace your dumb TRVs. The Tado wireless thermostat replaces your wired/wireless room thermostat. Tado support will tell you how to link the room stat or receiver wire connections.

The TRVs,:room stat, and wireless receiver talk to the internet servers via the bridge. You setup the Tado trv, stat and receiver via the Tado app and the camera on your phone.

The sophisticated stuff to connect to Alexa or Apple HomeKit or APIs is for the nerds. Our rellie does that in their remote heating control games.

good luck with what you do.