How do I to set the zone controller to react to smart radiator thermostats call for heat?

Options

I have a smart wired smart thermostat as my zone controller.

I have nine smart rad TRV thermostats controlling the rads (measuring devices) in different rooms. There are no manual TRVs. Your example setup A.

All smart rad TRVs are set to uss the single Zone Controller. What do I set the Zone Controller temp to? I don't really want it to be a measuring device just a zone controller to turn the boiler on and off according to smart TRVs demand for heat.

Hope you can help.

regards

Stan Woods

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Put the smart thermostat in a room on the app with another Tado device. Make the other device the measuring device.
  • StanJenny
    Options

The smart thermostat is in the Hallway where there is a radiator with a Smart TRV 'Hallway' . I have made the Zone Controller 'Hallway. The measuring device is the smart TRV 'Hallway'. The Smart Thermostat (Zone controller), no longer says it a measuring device. Is that what you mean?

regards

Stan Woods

• johnnyp78
    Options
    The zone controller will need to be the device connected to your boiler, which I’m assuming is the wired thermostat. The rest sounds fine.
  • StanJenny
    Options

Yes that is correct.