can I switch the heating on/off whilst not at home?

Options

I'm thinking of installing Tado for my AC system at home.

If the Tado is properly connected to wifi etc, and I'm not at home, can I turn it on/off or do I need to be connected to the home wifi, meaning do I need to be home?

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Tado doesn't really use wifi, the bridge connects to the internet via ethernet to your router so wherever you are, at home or away, with an internet connection you can access your schedules etc.

• otipep
    Options

Amazing, Sam. Thanks a lot. The bit about the ethernet I don't quite understand. I didn't think there would be a connection by cable... 🤔

I'm thinking of installing 5 of these for my 5 A/C machines: https://shop.tado.com/es-row/products/smart-ac-control-v3

You're saying I can turn it on/off away from home so long as my internet is working at home and on my phone

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@otipep Wow dozy me! Only just noticed you are using AC about which I know sod all!! Someone will be along shortly but I believe your last sentence is correct.

• Nasnl
    Options
    Yes, as long as your bridge is connected to the internet, you can remotely control everything as long as you are logged in (your app) on another device connected to the internet (your phone).
  • otipep
    Options

Amazing. thanks Nasnl