Worcester Greenstar Cdi Classic

Options

Hi all

I have connected a wired TADO thermostat to this boiler as per the TADO instruction and for a start 3 smart SRTs. All is working fine. the issue is that the wired thermostat is working in relay mode, and I was hoping to get it working HT-Bus (D17).

I opened up the boiler with the intension of disconnecting the LR and Ls connections, bridging then and then connecting the LR and Ls wires to B and B.

However my wiring at the boiler seems different.

Any idea what's going on here.

Thanks for any comments.

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options

The boiler manual pages 28/29 identify the difference. The upper picture BB are the fx/sense control connections. The lower picture are the power and optional 240v external control connections. If it’s working, imho, best left alone. If in any doubt, consult a qualified professional who knows your boiler and system.

• Haywood_13
    Options

Thanks. I will probably leave things alone as it's working very well. I am curious about the difference it would make if I did get HT-bus communication working.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Assuming Tado supports HT bus on your boiler, it would be able to modulate the max heating flow temp according to demand and also possibly set the hot water temperature. There’s a lot of debate on here about whether it provides more efficiency over using tpi on relay to simulate modulation.