Heating works fine, but Hot water 'offline'

Options
Hi. I'm able to control the heating as normal online on my app. Works fine. But the hot water is showing as 'offline' so I can't control it. Can someone suggest how I can fix this? Cheers, Pete

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    As I said in the other thread: Check that the wireless temperature sensor/ smart thermostat that controls your hot water is in range of and is paired with the bridge, and that it hasn’t run out of batteries.
  • Pete54
    Options
    Thanks Johnny. Will do. I didn't realise the smart thermostat was involved in switching the hot water on and off. How does it know when the water is hot enough? I thought Tado only enabled you to switch on the heating relay that in turn switches on the heating circuit valve. Doesn't the thermostat on the tank then sense the temperature?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    You’re correct. When the app is showing something is offline it means it can’t find the Tado device that controls it, or that it can’t connect to the servers. When you look in settings > rooms and devices what does it show for hot water?
  • davidlyall
    Options

Just to clarify. Tado doesn't know the temperature of your hot water. It simply allows you to have schedule/manual control of the relay that allows the HW circuit to be activated. There should be a dumb thermostat on the tank that closes the valve once the tank is fully heated.

• Pete54
    Options
    That's what I thought. My issue is that on the Tado app the heating controls work and online, but the Hot Water says 'offline'. Puzzling.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    When you look in settings > rooms and devices what does it show for hot water?
  • Pete54
    Options
    It just says offline
  • johnnyp78
    Options

Do you see a screen like this? You should see it even if it’s saying hot water is offline on the main screen.

• what_a_tado
    Options

@johnnyp78 Just a heads up that your blacked out device serial numbers are still visible.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    No worries, I’m sure the vast majority of Tado users are honest.
  • Pete54
    Options
    No. On that screen I don't get any devices itemised. Just the 'Offline' message. I'd post a screenshot if I could work out how to post it on here!
    (Thanks for all your support and comments by the way)
  • Pete54
    Options
    FYI, last year I upgraded from the first version of Tado to the latest V3. Had to replace all the kit but kept the same app on my phone. However I have never found how to remove the original devices from the app (despite deleting it and reinstalling). The 'remove device' option wasn't available for these devices. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm confusing the original items on the app for what I have installed now. Does anyone know how to remove old devices from the app when the 'Remove' option isn't available via the 3 top left dots?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    As far as I know, it can only be done by Tado, but someone else may know a way.