Can Tado control my hot water?

Options
I've just bought the tado starter kit.

I have a combi boiler where currently I can set a programme for my heating and a separate programme for my hot water.

I'm now coming to wiring up the tado receiver and seeing it might not accept the hot water wiring. Will that mean I can't programme my hot water as before?

Currently I have 3 wires going into N
3 wires going into L
1 wire into DHW ON
1 wire into HTG ON

How would I then wire up the Tado receiver.

I'm assuming the wires in N and L are the same. Then would think I use the bridging wire between L and CH COM and put the HTG ON wire in CH NO

But then is the DHW ON wire just not included.

If this is the case, how do I heat my hot water?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Nearly all combis heat hot water on demand. I’m assuming yours must have some kind of internal hot water cylinder. Have you got instructions from Tado? They usually provide customised installation guides.
  • Thank you.
    We do have a separate hot water cylinder would however this is heated at certain times and controlled by our current unit.

When I used the tado instructions it wouldn't give me instructions for changing my current unit.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    In that case you almost certainly have a system boiler rather than a combi. If you provide photos of the wiring it might help. When you say Tado didn’t give you instructions, were you told your system wasn’t compatible?
  • When I'm entering my boiler controller make it is saying this is not a boiler controller.