Possibility to install 2 wireless thermostats in two different zone to control the floor heating

Options

Hi,

I have a full Taco installation for years but after having moved in a new house, I have a problem:

I have a floor heating with 2 zones : Kitchen and living room

The floor heating is controlled some valves (sorry for my bad English) located near by the boiler.

I would need to install something next to the valves that could "discuss" wireless with 2 thermostats in the two zones and open or close the valves accordingly.

I guess this "thing" should be a receiver but I need 2 zones ! Does someone knows if I can install 2 receivers discussing with the 2 wireless thermostats ?

Thank you for your help !

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options
    You can’t use two wireless receivers but you can use two smart thermostats (wired to the valves), which sounds like it should work.
  • Aubin
    Options

Thank you for your answer Johnny,

The valves and the zones where I need to check the temperature are not at the same place and I don't have cables between the two places.

But maybe I didn't understood your remark well ?

• davidlyall
    Options

I think other people on here have successfully done this with a wireless temp sensor in the area where you want to measure temperature and a smart TRV attached to the valve on the UFH manifold but it depends on the type of valve you need to control as a TRV may not fit

If your current set up is managing something like a Honeywell 2 port valve then you're going to need to have wires run from the thermostat location back to the valve

• Aubin
    Options

sorry for the stupid question but what is a TRV (English in not my base language !) ?

• davidlyall
    Options

TRV = Thermostatic Radiator Valve. Normally mounted on a radiator but some people have been able to mount these on their underfloor heating manifold to control individual zones. If you have one, that might be worth exploring but if your current system uses motorised valves like the one below then you will need to have a physical wire running from the Tado smart thermostat to the valve

Hope that makes sense

• Aubin
    Options

ok ! that makes totally sense !

Thank you for your help