Manual timer override via App

Options
New Tado user here. Have been playing around and have a question. In the app I can set the behaviour to Timer and set a time for both the heating and hot water but when I switch either on via the app it doesn’t obey the timer interval and waits until the next schedule. Is there a way to have the app use the timer as with my family when my kids come back from the gym they want to override via the app but want the override based upon the timer.

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

when I switch either on via the app it doesn’t obey the timer interval and waits until the next schedule.

That's the bit I do not understand. If you use the app and the slider to set a temperature and then set the timer, the boiler fires up. (Provided, of course, that your temperature setting is higher than ambient!)

• iluvnips
    Options
    Sorry what I mean is using the tado stat if I override the schedule then it obeys the timer I’ve set, so for hot water I’ve set it to timer of 20 mins, the hot water will then go off after 20 mins.

If I perform the override using the app it then overrides until the next schedule time which if in the evening means the water would be on for a couple of hours.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    When you use the app to override the schedule, look for the slider at the bottom of the screen. You should be able to drag it to the override time you want.
  • iluvnips
    iluvnips
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Ah yes just tested it. Can’t we just have a button on the app for a boost option based upon your current timer settings? So a boost for heating and hot water where you just click a button to get say an hour of heating and 20 mins of hot water ie what my timers are set to without faffing around with sliders?
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

@iluvnips

Once you have set this......it will always use this setting for every future occurences.......