Radiator smart thermostat VA01 features

Options
Does anyone know (and can confirm) VA1 revision features the same as VA2? I have found information about Child Lock, but what’s about other features like Air Comfort and others?

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    "Air Comfort"......?? 🤔
  • Yes, air comfort: https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3405556-what-is-air-comfort
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    Link doesn't work for me
    Still don't understand what you mean...sorry
  • Air Comfort provides insights into air freshness as well as temperature and humidity, and suggests ways in which you can improve the climate in your home.

Air Freshness

This card shows how fresh the air in your home is at the moment, which can help you decide when it’s a good time to air your rooms.

Comfort Level per room

You can also get to know the current comfort level in every room which has a tado° device installed. This is indicated by the status in the upper right corner and the small white dot in the graph in the room card. When the indoor climate is ideal, the status will say Pleasant and the white dot will be in the centre of the graph.

tado° considers the temperature and humidity level in the room and arrives at the comfort level based on an international standard for thermal indoor conditions. The standard also accounts for adaptive comfort across seasons, which is why you may notice that different ideal values apply for comfort during winter and summer. tado° also indicates if the room is too humid or dry and warns you if there is a risk of mould or infection.

Please note: if you only have Smart Radiator Thermostats Basic in your tado° Home, Air Comfort won’t be available. If you’d like to access this feature, you’ll need to install other tado° devices in each room for which you’d like to get this information.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Air comfort is largely pointless if that’s any consolation. If a room is anything below 20c Tado tells you it’s too cold and to turn the heating on. I suppose knowing the humidity might be useful but in a wet climate like the UK you get a lot of humidity warnings if it’s drizzling outside. I rarely check it.
  • Yeah, I’m aware about algorithms and I have V3 and few VA2 at home. I’m particularly asking about VA1 feature parity to VA2 because I got good offer for new old stock VA1 valves and was thinking to add more to other floors in my house.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

@behemothkat

I now get what you are asking about.......but as @johnnyp78 states......this tado feature is a total waste of time as there is no real indication as to how tado determines what is appropriate for your household......tado has absolutely no way of knowing how your household is set up or how many people are residing in your household or the ages of the occupants......or the orientation of your house ie North/South or East/West.........This tado "feature" was only ever a "sales gimmick".....imho