Black pin on the TVR (radiator valve)

Options
This message has s for anyone who has the same issue as I had as the Tado instructions are as usual not clear enough.
4 out of my six new TVR’s claimed in the app that new batteries were needed. All batteries tested fine on a multimeter so I just waited ten seconds and put same batteries back in and now all say they are fine BUT on the 4th TVR a little black pin fell out or off of somewhere.
I did not install system so did not know where it was supposed to go. The only place it would fit was on the top part of the actual TVR in a hole near the battery compartment but it would not push in far enough. The answer is you have to take the batteries out again and replace again after ten seconds then WAIT at least a minute before trying to put the TVR back on its mount.
On mine after just over ten seconds the pin retracted on it own. Answer- take batteries out (again) and wait after you put them back in

Comments

• Si1972
    Options
    Really helpful thanks! I thought it was broken and was about order a new one!! This worked perfectly 👍