Viessmann Weather Compensation

Options
Hi All,

I'm in the process of commissioning my Tado & Veissmann Vitodens 200-W and was planning on using the Tado for demand and Veissmann's weather compensation to control flow temperature.

However, connecting the Tado to the external demand relay, overrides the weather compensation curve with an external demand flow temperature variable. This is in the boiler settings which is a single set temperature, which negates the weather compensation functionality.

Has anyone managed to do what I'm attempting? I've seen some previous questions around the same topic but no detail.

Thanks

Answers

• Update... Spoke to Viessmann technical support. Apparently the Vitodens-100W plays nicely and will allow weather compensation & external demand but the 200W (which I have) doesnt - potentially useful information for anyone looking to a Viessmann/Tado pairing in the future. I guess my options are:

• Use Tado external demand and loose the weather compensation functionality (I could potentiallly manually set the temperature each month or so if I wish as a dumb "person in the loop" WC, but unlikely...)
    • Use the Viessmann weather compensation and loose the Tado external demand. I think the boiler is designed to run continuously in weather compensation mode anyway - I can still use the Tado for switching individual rooms on/off, so long as something is on when the boiler is running!

Without PlusBus support I think I'm out of options. Any other ideas out there?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It sounds like you probably don’t really need Tado if you have weather compensation. As you said WC is intended to run continuously to maintain a constant temperature anyway.