Pilot light

Options

I came home from holiday last year to find my house freezing after the next door neighbour turned the heating up for me. (Pre tado). It turns out the pilot light had gone out while I was on holiday. Now that I have tado, is there a way to tell through the app if the pilot light is on?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    The short answer is no.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

The short answer above, is, of course, correct but what happens now with tado if you turn off the pilot light and then call for heat? Are you implying that tado will 'pretend' to heat ad infinitum?

You could, of course, call for heat and check for increase in temperature after a given amount of time - better than you had pre tado?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    As far as Tado is concerned, if it has activated the relay then it’s calling for heat (certainly on non digital connections). I don’t think it’s a clever enough system to see that it’s calling for heat but the house isn’t heating up, but I’m willing to be proved wrong.

There is a chance on a digital connection like opentherm that it could feedback to Tado that there is an error, but when I had a problem with my opentherm connected boiler losing pressure it displayed an error on its screen, but according to the Tado app there was no problem.
  • wateroakley
    Options

With the Tado app you can see if the rooms are up to temperature. If the room temperature is cold it it won’t tell you why, but at least you know there is a problem to chase the neighbour.