Extension Kit not connecting

Options

Hi there,

I'm new to Tado having bought a house with a system already installed - this morning we had no hot water and on checking the App, both the Smart (Wireless) thermostat and the extension kit next to the water tank were offline.

I've manually restarted both devices, the smart thermostat has come back online, but the extension kit hasn't. I've moved the bridge so it is further away from the broadband hub, all of the bridges led's are fine.

Please help? I'm now at a loss as to what to do next, and moreover, the heating has randomly come on!?

Is there anyone i can call to speak to?

Chris

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Try moving the bridge so it’s nearer the extension kit. It might re-pair by itself. If not put the bridge and extension kit in pairing mode. I wouldn’t worry too much about the bridge being near the router. Maybe you put your router somewhere different from the previous owners when you moved in?
  • ctruman08
    Options

Thanks @johnnyp78 I've just put both into pairing mode and will leave it like that for a while.

It's been working well for 8 months since we moved in, but just completely dropped out and disconnected itself at 17.50 yesterday? The router is in the identical spot (as is the bridge) to the previous owners?

How long should it take to pair? We're 5 mins in and nothing yet....

• ctruman08
    Options

And now the smart thermostat has just gone offline again????

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It might be worth replacing the batteries in the smart thermostat. Sometimes if it goes offline it will send the extension kit offline too.
  • ctruman08
    Options
    Changed those. No change. So frustrating? Thanks so much for your help, any other ideas? The smart thermostat is now back again - seems like that connection is lost the minute the bridge goes into pairing mode.