Multiple receivers and/or hubs?

Options

Hi there, we’ve got the wireless thermostat and receiver plus multiple radiator thermostats controlling the heating around the house – all works great.

But we also have underfloor heating in one of the rooms that currently has its own EPH receiver and wireless thermostat. I’d like to replace this with a Tado receiver/thermostat but I’ve read on here that the hub and the Tado account won’t support two receivers.

Is this still the case? Can I not have multiple hubs and receivers and control from the same account?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It won’t support two wireless receivers (officially) but as you said you can use a smart thermostat wired in instead, plus a wireless temperature sensor if needed.
  • SeanB88
    Options

The underfloor heating has its own EPH receiver and wireless thermostat. The receiver is near the boiler (like the Tado) and its thermostat is in the room with the underfloor heating.

What would I need to control the underfloor heating? Are you suggesting that the current EPH receiver gets replaced with a wired Tado? To do this, it would mean chasing cables through 4 rooms to get the wired thermostat into the same room as the underfloor heating? Or have I misunderstood?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    EPH gets replaced with Tado wired thermostat in same place as you would with wireless receiver. Thermostat replaced with Tado wireless temperature sensor.
  • SeanB88
    Options

So the Tado wired thermostat will just be in a garage next to the valve and what ever else is in there to control the underfloor heating – I’ll put the wireless temperature sensor in the main room with underfloor heating.

I’m presuming I have to link the wireless temperature sensor to the wired thermostat so that the sensor activates the wired thermostat?

Thanks for your advice. I was just presuming that the wired thermostat had a temperature sensor in it so would be talking a temperature reading from the garage.

Thanks

• johnnyp78
    Options
    No, Tado is smarter than that. You only pair devices with the bridge connected to the router (which can also be an issue if it’s a long way away or behind a brick wall). The wired thermostat has a temp sensor in it but wouldn’t be set as a temp measuring device.