Yet another topic on connecting the thermostat.

Options

Hi there. I have very little knowledge of boilers/thermostats so bear with me 😅 I am planning to make use of Amazon's Prime Day and grab a couple of Tado thermostats. Currently, my house has two heating zones (upstairs and downstairs) controlled by two EPH thermostats and a controller unit/timer next to the boiler. My plan is to get a wired starter kit + an add-on Tado thermostat to replace thermostats on both floors and to avoid messing with wiring around the boiler just before winter - set the timer/controller unit to always on and let Tado thermostats call for heating when needed. Eventually, I would probably want to replace the timer instead of being always on with an extension kit but that is more of a summer project and not something to do just before the cold season IMO. And of course, once proven that my "project heating" works - I will get TRV valves for both zones to make use of smart thermostats. Does this make any sense or am I just talking nonsense?

Assuming I am somewhat correct, now the tricky (to me) part (which I can't seem to find an answer on the internet to) - what about the wiring for replacing existing thermostats with Tado. I am not sure where the "call for heating" wire should connect to on the Tado thermostat (so I don't just by stuff without knowing if it will work for me). Would it be going to COM? Attaching a couple of photos of the existing thermostat wiring.

Thermostat with live, neutral and call for heating:

And the timmer/controller unit:

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @epetkus,

Thank you for your contribution to the tado° community forum. Unfortunately, it appears your post has gone unanswered. If the issue you've described still persists or if you continue to have questions about tado° products and services, please do not hesitate to outline these in a new post.

We are making concerted efforts to revitalise the forum in order to ensure a more lively community space.

Looking forward to future discussions!