Multi Zone Setup

Options

Is anyone able to give me pointers on this setup?

Looking to control two central heating zones and hot water, one CH Zone is a single loop wet underfloor heating, the other is standard radiators. All zones are on S plan style zone valves at present.

Thoughts were to use a wireless thermostat for the UFH zone and a wired thermostat for the radiators, with TRVs speaking back to the wired thermostat to give individual room control.

What is not clear to me is if the Wired Thermostat is truly independent from the Wireless Receiver - someone I spoke to at Tado suggested that when the Wired Thermostat was calling for heat, as well as closing the Normally Open to the Common, it would be communicating with the Wireless Receiver and would cause the other central heating zone to activate as well.

This seems incredible, as I cant see how a multizone setup could be achieved otherwise.

Best Answer

• eviljames
    eviljames
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got there in the end - the correct way to have an UFH circuit and radiator circuit & hot water circuit on S plan is shown in the attachment.

Answers

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Options

Hello @eviljames,

Thank you for your contribution to the tado° community forum. Unfortunately, it appears your post has gone unanswered. If the issue you've described still persists or if you continue to have questions about tado° products and services, please do not hesitate to outline these in a new post.

We are making concerted efforts to revitalise the forum in order to ensure a more lively community space.

Looking forward to future discussions!