Which to buy?

Options
Hello,

I have a Worcester 537i combi controlled by (what can best be described as) a programming unit (Worcester TD200) which I use to time when boiler comes on and temperature for central heating. The programming unit is hard wired to a thermostat (RT10).

I was wondering which starter set to buy. Would it be the wired or wireless set?

If it's the wireless set, would it simply be a case of replacing the hard wired thermostat with the Tado thermostat and leave the programming unit in situ?

I would be very grateful for the community's guidance.

Thank you,
Tonarino

Best Answer

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Tonarino,

Thank you for your contribution to the tado° community forum. Unfortunately, none of the answers provided by other community users were accepted. If the issue you've described still persists or if you continue to have questions about tado° products and services, please do not hesitate to outline these in a new post.

We are making concerted efforts to revitalise the forum in order to ensure a more lively community space.

Looking forward to future discussions!

Answers

• wateroakley
    Options

it would help to have some photos of your setup and wire connections on the timer/stat.

On first looking at the boiler manual, either the wired thermostat starter kit or wireless starter kit would give a relay on/off control. You would replace the external 240V timer/thermostat, or bridge the wiring to give a permanent ‘on’, and use Tado to control your heating. No idea about the heatbus stuff on the boiler. hth.

• Tonarino
    Options

Hi Waterokley,

Thanks for your reply and offer of help.

The images below show the timer/controller unit and wiring into it.

As you can seek, there are two wires going in. One leads to a RT10 thermostat in the hallway, and the other leads to the boiler, as shown below (the blue and brown wires coming from the thick white lead fed in from the top.

I actually already have the wireless starter set and am wondering whether I got the wrong one😏

Looking for any guidance you can give!

thanks, Tonarino