Hot Water Button Not Working

Options

Hi Everyone.

I have recently installed the tado system and everything has been running really well for a number of months. Today, when running the children's bath, I notice that we don't have any hot water which is unusual. Further to this if I press the button on the programmer no lights come on or toggle it within the app nothing happens. The heating is working fine though.

For the moment we are without hot water and despite reboots / power cycles nothing is helping. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thankyou!

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It might be a problem with the contact in the wireless receiver sticking. Some people have resolved it by giving the case a firm tap.
  • Chippy03_
    Options

Hi @johnnyp78,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. In fact I managed to fix it last night with some blind luck. My tado setup had two thermostats (one wired and one wireless) and I removed the wireless one as it was no longer needed.

For some reason the hot water feature needs to be tied to a thermostat and when i did this became orphaned which renders the functionality broken.

To solve it, I removed the controller / programmer from the tado system and then re added. As soon as I did this it tied to the existing wired thermostat and suddenly worked (i.e. the buttons worked and using the app called for hot water correctly).

I think there is a use case which is not covered (i.e. when removing a thermostat, linking to another one automatically).

Best.