Worcester Greenstar 38cdi Classic + Tado Extension kit etc.

Options

Hi, been successfully using a Tado extension kit, thermostat and TRV's with an Alpha Intec 28x for a few years - the extension wired into the boiler, and the thermostat/TRV's calling heat dependent on need.

Have now moved into a new house with a Worcester Greenstar 38cdi Classic + Comfort II RF wireless thermostat, and today I undertook fitting the Tado system. I followed the instructions (remove cover, wire-in the extension kit, put back together, pair with bridge etc) and all SEEMED fine, with TRV's reporting their temp and marked as "Heating" etc when needed.

What's confused me is what to do with the Comfort II RF thermostat. On the old Alpha the wireless thermostat was completely redundant, and basically just removed the batteries and put it to one side. I initially left the Worcester one active on it's pre-existing shedule, so didn't really notice that the Tado wasn't actually controlling the call for heat. When I took the batteries out the Worcester unit, the Tado system is marked as "Heating" etc but the actual boiler doesn't appear to be recognising the call to heat.

I've had to put the Worcester unit back on to get the house heated, it feels like as long as the Worcester unit is calling for heat itself the Tado TRV's are opening/closing dependent on their individual settings but need the Worcester unit to be calling for heat itself.

Hoping for a bit of advice/help, I figured like the Alpha the Tado would completely replace the existing unit but i noticed installation was different and I wasn't having to disconnect anything.

Hope that all makes sense!

Best Answer

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Fitzchiv,

Thank you for your contribution to the tado° community forum. Unfortunately, it appears your post has gone unanswered. If the issue you've described still persists or if you continue to have questions about tado° products and services, please do not hesitate to outline these in a new post.

We are making concerted efforts to revitalise the forum in order to ensure a more lively community space.

Looking forward to future discussions!