Turn on heating of a room

Options

I have a problem and I would like to seek advice on how to fix it.

I am expecting if I want to turn on heating of a specific room, for example, Living Room, I change the target temperature of the Living Room from the app, and that's it!

In fact, when I changed the target temperature of Living Room to, let say, 20C, I could see the Smart Radiator Thermostat changed to 20C, but the boiler has no action, not heating up, no hot water is coming in to the radiator of Living Room.

I managed to have a workaround: I have to turn on "Boost Heating" first, wait for all the Smart Radiator Thermostats turn up, the boiler will heat up and start to provide hot water to entire house. After a while, let say a few minutes, I could turn off heating for all other rooms except Living Room.

Any idea why it happens and is it how it works??

Appreciate anyone could give me help on this. Thanks.

Alexander

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Is you living room set to have a zone controller or is it set to be independent?
  • hugbilly
    Options
    As above, it sounds as though the TRV for that room might be set as independent so it cannot call for heat and fire the boiler . . .
  • AlexanderLai
    edited October 2023
    Options

How do I know if the Smart Radiator Thermostat is being set as an independent or having a zone controller?

I created rooms and put Smart Radiator Thermostats and Wireless Temperature Sensors into respective rooms, that's all I know about how they should be during and after the initial setup.

Thanks.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Settings > rooms and devices > click on room

You might need to scroll down, there should be a zone controller option, if it’s set to independent it needs to be assigned a zone controller.
  • Thank you johnyp78, Living Room is under a zone controller, just the same as all other rooms.

• Another question is, in case a Smart Radiator Thermostat is being setup as independent, how to turn it on? Thanks.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I don’t understand the last question. You assign zone controllers to rooms, not devices. A Tado trv will always work, it won’t be able to call for heat unless a zone controller’s assigned though.

As for your living room, it’s worth checking the batteries on all the devices there. If you still can’t get them to call for heat you might need to contact Tado support.
  • Hi all,

Seems finally I understand how Tado works and how we have to change our logic to understand it. At least all TRVs are working as expected, and I will spend the coming days to do some more tests to verify the understandings.

At the mean time, I do thank all who helped and advised.