SRV Temperature Offset...

Options
CukeUK
CukeUK
edited October 2023 in General Questions & Topics

Something I can't get my head around so hoping someone with more knowledge than I do has a solution:

We have a room, our lounge, that is 6.65 metres by 3.76. It has two double radiators, one under the front window and another at right angles to be patio door at the rear of the room. One radiator, the one under the window and larger of the two, has the SVR and the other a TVR turned full up. I've set the target temperature at 22c and I've a conventional thermostat in the room to measure the actual temperature.

If the offset is set to zero the Tado cannot achieve the target temperature and as the radiator heats up it will turn off the heating at actual room temperature of just 19c.

So I think, fine I'll set the offset so that the temperature of the SRV, when heated then closed at its reading of 22c, matches the thermometer, this is around a offset of 5.5.

But when the room is unheated the two readings are vastly out, the current temp being 19.3 but the Tado SYR is showing just 13.5.

What should I do, should the Tado offset be determined when the room is unheated or I should get the room to a actual temp of 22c, as shown by the thermometer, then set the offset and then live with the temperature being out when cold?

Thanks people...

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Have you not tried leaving offset out of it and increasing target temp from 22c to whatever needed to attain actual of 19c?