Setting Smart Valves to no zone controller

Options
Hi there,

So in my system I have a tado wired smart stat in living room that controls all 3 zones on the ufh downstairs but will also heat rads too if on. I've fitted 5 smart valves upstairs that currently have the living room stat set as their zone controller. So whenever a rad needs heat obviously the ufh will come on.

I've read in the guides I can set all the smart valves to no zone controller in the app. If I was to do this how do the smart valves call for heat without talking to the stat?

I have another option of replacing our landing stat with another wired tado stat as this stat doesn't control the ufh as well and then set this stat as the zone controller for all the smart valves. I was just curious as to how setting to no zone controller works???

Answers

• hugbilly
    Options

If the TRVs are set to independent they cannot call for heat. They can follow a schedule with regard to opening and closing however . . .

• OK thanks mate that's what I thought. So they'd only come on if the living stat was on and as downstairs is always warmer we would never get any heat to bedrooms etc. I've ordered an add on wired stat to replace the landing wired stat that we have currently as that controls the rads but not the ufh and then will set that as zone controller for the SRTs so they can come on when needed without touching the ufh