What is is control?

Options

I have invested in quite a bit on Tado kit. I have a wireless temperature sesnor in the hall. I have a wireless receiver in my kitchen. I have an internet bridge (currently in the garage). I have smart TRVS in my living room, dining room, and each of my four bedrooms. Radiators without TRVs are located in the hall, cloakroom, landing, bathroom and en-suite.

I currently have the wireless temperature sensor set to 18 degrees, and with a twice a day schedule, once in the morning and once in the evening. I have a schedule set on the TRV in the living room also for twice a day, but I can see that the times are different to the wireless receiver, and the schedule temperature is higher.

My question is, which device is the primary controller for when the heating comes on and gets turned off? Does a schedule on a TRV override the wireless temperature sensor? What happens if the room temperature on a TRV is set to higher than the wireless temperature receiver?

I want to maintain a twice a day schedule, but I want the living room to be warmer that the hall. Do I actually need schedules on the TRVs if there is a schedule set up on the wirelss temperature sensor?

Explanations and suggestions gratefully received.

Comments

• hugbilly
    Options
    Yes, you do, then the TRVs can call for heat . . .
  • dewick
    Options

So a TRV call for heat will override the wireless thermostat?

• hugbilly
    Options
    Both devices can call for heat unless one has been assigned to control the other . . .
  • dewick
    Options

How do I do that? I can't see how on any of the settings?

• dewick
    Options

Ok, thanks, I've found it :)

• Paulie
    Options
    I have a similar issue. What is the reason for one device being able to control another? Would the TRV control the sensor or the other way around? Would you also need a TRV on the radiator in the hall to prevent the hall radiator calling for heat while heating other rooms?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    This could easily be found if you search the forum but just in case: Devices are grouped together in rooms that should mirror your physical layout. One device per room is the temperature measuring device. Not sure about your last sentence. A radiator can’t do anything, it’s a passive heat radiator. Tado devices can call for heat. You’d need a Tado trv (or dumb trv) on any radiator you didn’t want to heat up when the boiler is on.