Coping with multiple zones

Options

My newly built home has three zones downstairs for the underfloor heating. These have been easily set up with Tado wired thermostats and all’s well. Upstairs there are the bedroom radiators on one zone valve, one for the bathroom towel rails and a valve for the hot water. The bedroom thermostat (a Honeywell T3R) is wirelessly connected to its valve via its receiver (a Honeywell R3H710 in the airing cupboard). Since I bridged this Honeywell wireless receiver as per the instructions from Tado, its valve is permanently open and creating a constant demand which means the boiler is always on even though the Tado wireless sensor in the main bedroom is set to off. Should I have replaced the Honeywell wireless receiver with a Tado wired thermostat instead of bridging it?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Why did Tado tell you to bridge it? Unless there’s another Tado device somewhere acting as zone controller for your bedroom radiator zone valve, you’ll need to wire it to a Tado smart thermostat.
  • PhilipJ
    Options
    @johnnyp78 Thank you; I’m sure that’s going to be my next step.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Still seems odd that Tado told you to bridge the valve. Are any of the others bridged? All I can think is that they were trying to eliminate the zone valves by taking them out of circuit. Then you’d need Tado trvs on every radiator though.