Home Assistant AND TRV-Control - beyond primitive "on/off"

Options

---

Overview:

My "Problem" is, that I want to control our Tado-TRV's beyond "on/off".

But, the automation for HA, is ONLY "on-off".

Plus that the "control-chef" is "not defined /unclear" (Local/Tado/HA/App).

---

and, In depth:

I cannot find any option, to hand the "temperature-measured" to the Tado-TRV's (like if the temperature-measurement was coming from Tado's wall-termostat).

And, I have only got on/off within the Tado-integration/automation - and NOT anything like "percentage opening percentage" / needle-control i percentage. [regarding the "only on/off. I of course also have the "auto" (leave HA out of the equation) and "away" - but they do not help me].

Plus that I now read, that I have no direct control - even through an HA-automation...

It all looks like I'm about to sell and get a solution, that actually works locally (without ANY dependency of the Cloud /Tado-servers).

Can anybody help me - to be able to control the termostats "analogue" (in for-instance percentages)?

And, can anybody help me understand, whether Tado-TRVs now (october-2023) can be controlled Locally.

Comments

• Jimbob
    Options
    Hi, how’s it going now?
  • Glasofruix
    Options

Pretty certain there's nothing you can do since the "smarts" are controlled directly by the tado thermostat. I only use home assistant with tado for basic monitoring and quick temp adjustement (cuz it takes longer to open the app on the phone), basically to see which room is requesting heat and how much.