Wireless Temperature Sensor - totally unresponsive.

Options

Evening folks, our Wireless Temperature Sensor has worked fine for almost two years and when required has prompted for fresh batteries.

This morning we woke to a cold living room (The Wireless Temperature Sensor is used in there) and the app told me it was unresponsive.

My first thought was to replace the batteries (I also wondered why I was not told they were getting low) which I did but the unit is totally unresponsive.

I have left the batteries out all day and with another fresh set it still doesn't work.

I have started a Chat but it seems they are closed until tomorrow, does anyone have any ideas to get it working other than pressing and holding the button which I have tried?

Many thanks...Dan

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It’s a long shot but you could try checking the battery contacts to make sure there’s a connection. I think on some Tado devices the batteries go in to the opposite way you’d expect. Otherwise I suspect the unit has died.
  • Dan_W
    Dan_W
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks Johnny, I know what you mean about the battery polarity but they are in correctly.

I will take the unit to work tomorrow and measure the voltage going to the board to ensure they are connecting ok.

EDIT: Had a response on the chat with a request for pictures / video etc so hopefully getting sorted!

• Dan_W
    Options

A replacement is on the way (Old one was 23 months old...phew!), can't fault the support from tado.

Thanks for taking the time to reply @johnnyp78

• Dav3
    Options

Hi my temperature sensor is connecting to the internet bridge

• Dav3
    Options

My temperature sensor is not connecting to the internet bridge