TRV Open but Boiler OFF

Options

Hello,

Why when Tado opens my TRV to heat the room, it does not trigger the heating of my boiler, as for example all afternoon I have a room where the head was open around 10% and the radiator remained cold because the boiler did not start.

I should point out that all my rooms have the wired thermostat as the zone control device and that the wiring from my boiler to the wired thermostat is good.

Comments

• FHemmes
    Options

Hello,

I had this some time ago after my Wireless Receiver had been offline for a day because of a boiler fault. Tado support suggested swapping the SRVs but I couldn't because the engineer who installed them attached the plate so firmly I couldn't get it off!

In our case, after resetting the SRV a few times the problem then went away. Took about 48hrs from it first appearing and hasn't returned.

So yeah, would suggest resetting the SRV by removing the batteries, and doing it a few times if it doesn't immediately have the desired effect. I assume it's something to do with the instruction not going to the boiler correctly that gets resolved by having the SRV re-establish contact with the system.

Cheerio,

Frank

• BaptisteP
    Options

Hello,

My tado wired thermostat and TRVs was installed last week, it's like I'm doing a reset now. I think it's a bug or a bad algorithm for my boiler.