How does it work without auto assist?
Struggling to understand what features I get with Tado without paying the monthly subscription.
My proposed set up is as follows:
- Smart thermostat
- Smart TRVs in some rooms (probably 3 or 4)
- Extension kit as my current thermometer is wireless.
I'll try and break this down into yes/no questions where I can:
- Can the system detect if I am home or away without paying the monthly subscription for "auto assist"?
- If I am away, will the system automatically change mode?
- If I am away can I set the system back into home mode, let's say if my parents come to stay and they do not have the app installed on their smart phones?
- If someone is at home and who does not have the app on their phones, can they just set a temperature by going to the smart thermostat?
- Can the system be controlled from a web site or only by a smart phone app?
I'm really trying to decide between this system and the Nest system. I like the idea of the TRVs but I don't want to pay a monthly subscription to be bluntly honest. These small amounts of money really add up over a 10+ year period.
Thanks in advance.