My Tado keeps calling for heat to the boiler, why?

Options
CasVegas
CasVegas
edited October 2023 in General Questions & Topics

It seems my Tado system is calling the boiler for heating, even when the all the heating is turned off via the app.

My boiler was heating for around a minute, then running the pump for a few minutes before starting the boiler again.

At first I thought this was a boiler fault, but I have disconnected the Tado connections from the boiler and it has stopped the boiler from running this cycle.

Any ideas on fault finding and diagnosis with the system and extension kit?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I would check the wiring first. What connection are you using- relay or digital? If it’s Opentherm you can put a gateway in to see if there are any errors being sent.
  • CasVegas
    Options

Its not opentherm its on a relay. The boiler is 20+ years old.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    There’s still no reason for Tado to be activating it if there’s no call for heat. Given the age it might be worth looking into replacing it with a condensing boiler if it’s gas-fired.
  • CasVegas
    Options

Well I disconnected Tado from the boiler and it stopped the issue. I reset the Tado system and hooked it all back up and it seems to work fine now. Which makes sense, as there was no fault codes on the boiler and it was drawing hot water and heating up fine, but it was operating like something was calling for heat when I reviewed the status codes.