how to set another wired thermostat as measuring device? (not zone controller)

Options

Basically I have two wired thermostats controlling actuator valves for underfloor heating in a big living room. One of them is in a very warm corner so it never opens the valve to heat the floor. I would like to use the other wired thermostat as measuring device only. If I set the other thermostat as zone controller, the first one becomes just a wireless temperature sensor and it stops sending the message to the valve to open and close.

Unfortunately when clicking the measuring device option it does not let me choose the other thermostat.

How to do this?

Answers

• limeyard
    Options

Go Settings - Rooms & Devices - then choose the Room (not the device). At the bottom of the screen, you will see options for assigning zone control.

• maurello
    Options
    I already tried to do so. It asks me to repurpose my thermostat as wireless temperature sensor. Even if I do so, then Tado shows under zone controller “not assigned” and does not let me choose any of the other zone controllers, it keeps saying that if I want to do that I have to repurpose the thermostat.

How do I make this happen?
  • limeyard
    Options

Does it then enable the assignment of another device to that 'room' (the one that is not in the 'very warm corner')? Or maybe that is not what you want to do.

More broadly, it seems that avoiding putting heat into the 'very warm corner' would be a good thing - especially if, occasionally, that corner is not 'very warm', in which case the heat would be directed there as normal. I am presuming that the corner got very warm due to some external factor such as solar gain.

• maurello
    Options

No. The challenge is that all my Tado devices are Wired Thermostats, and they all control independently my underfloor heating actuator valves. So I must use them as controllers, otherwise they do not send the signal to the valves to open and close.

According to Tado support pages, it is not possible to have more than one Thermostat per room. This means that I cannot choose another thermostat as measuring device since all other thermostats are other rooms. And if I want to assign another zone controller, I would first have to make them behave as Temperature Sensor only. However, if I do that, they won't anymore send the signal to the valve...

Basically I'd like to simply like to use another Thermostat from another room as measuring device...