how to fix devices not talking to each other

Options

I've run tado successfully here for five years. I don't remember doing anything unusual at the start of summer to switch anything in the system off. Hot water has run as expected over the summer. Today, switching a radiator on for the first time, there's no response. The iOS app shows everything connected, but when I adjust the room temperature, there's no call for heat and the valve doesn't make any adjustment noise. The bridge has three solid lights for all connections sound, as does the extension kit by the boiler.

I'm at a bit of a loss. Where to start troubleshooting, please?

Answers

• CBen
    Options

Have you been caught out like me and found that any more than 10 stats on one zone controller means that the excess cannot call for heat. If you have a lot try some others.

• royi
    Options

tado doesn't appear to show errors on the system. I suggest you reboot the bridge and see if it resolves the issue in the interim.

• acoracle
    Options

Thanks, both. With a less sleepy head this morning, I realized that I'd only been 'calling for heat' from the same one radiator each time (the one I was standing in, where the bridge &c lives). When I thought to check a different room, I realized the system is fine, after all! That one valve had become stuck... 🤦‍♂️