Tado V3 User Open Window Detection Stopped Working When New Thermostats were Added

Options

Hello Tado Owners,

Help me understand what went wrong.

I currently have Tado V3 bridge with 6 thermostats - 3 thermostats which are firmware v54.20 and 3 thermostats that I bought recently to add up which are firmware 95.10

I have the fully paid V3 app, with Auto-Assist enabled and Open Window Detection also enabled

Up until March 2023 when I had only the 3x v54.20 thermostats Open Window detection was working as expected:

In April 2023 I bought the 3 additional thermostats with fw version 95.10, added them to existing system and then suddenly open window detection stopped working completely!

What is wrong with the system?

I tried even my leaf blower and blowing directly over the thermostat sensor and nothing ?!

To date the system would never ever detect an open window ?!

Is there a fix to that?

I tried resetting and everything, but to no avail.

Thanks!

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    ‘Open window detection’ is just a software routine that triggers when the thermostat detects a sudden drop in temperature, it’s not a problem with your hardware. Either Tado has tweaked it to be less sensitive or there hasn’t been a significant enough temperature drop to trigger it.