Central Heating System not coming on in morning......

Options

Hi All,

Strange one really, but the Central Heating doesn't kick in in the morning when it should... I have found that when I check the App, this seems to start the Central Heating...(?!) For example, today heating was supposed to come on at 07:00hrs , checked but not on at 07:25, but then came on within a minute or so of checking app. Any ideas? It works then ok right through the day

Answers

• Drbob625
    Options

Same here - should come on at 05.30 and usually does, but every now and then does not until I do something on the App.

• cuke2u
    Options

Ours were scheduled to come on at 07:00 and another at 07:45. All were fine...

• cuke2u
    cuke2u ✭✭
    edited January 11
    Options

Well I'm eating my words as today it didn't and also once I went into the app did it then only kick in the schedules.

• LowerGoodwin
    edited January 12
    Options
    I'm having the same issue, only started a couple of days ago, heating programmed to come on at 06.30 but for the last 2 days it hasn't kicked in, on the app it shows its on but the burner symbol isn't lit, if I then adjust it by .5 and then resume schedule it stays on, is there a bug in the software??

It's odd as in the afternoon it has come on when scheduled to??
  • cuke2u
    Options
    Yep same thing this morning, schedule kicked in at 7:00 but the three bars stayed gray and no noise came from the radiator thermostat that it had opened.
    I then operated the thermostat manually through the app which then made the thermostat operate and the heating came on. I then returned that thermostat to its schedule and it continued to operate OK. The next schedule for another thermostat seems to work OK.
    Something isn't working right and as there is more than one of us it doesn't seem to be our individual systems..
  • LowerGoodwin
    Options

Just checked the app and there was an update on the 10th January and the problems started from then, do Tado read these posts??

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    Options

Historically I often found that after a tado update there would sometimes be an unexpected issue.........which would only be cleared after the next update........it was almost as if tado were releasing their update without carrying out a full test to ascertain the resilience of the update.........I cancelled the "Auto Update" on my devices (phone & Tablet) and would only update the tado App after a few days of monitoring reactions on the Forum

• cuke2u
    Options

Only affecting the morning schedule though, the evening ones worked fine on the same day.

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Try powering off the bridge and powering it up again. There was some weird stuff going on with mine too yesterday. Like @GrayDav4276 says there are often issues after Tado pushes an update.
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to get this problem sometimes and I think it was associated with the wireless receiver losing contact with the bridge (slow blinking LEDs.) Since moving the receiver nearer the bridge it hasn’t happened . . .
  • Kev54
    Options

Hi All,

I eventually had this original problem sorted by moving the internet bridge away from the back of the router it's connected to, as Tado said it was intermittently interfering with the signals(?). It's only on a short lead (provided) but it did the trick and has now worked for the past 3 months (fingers crossed) Hope this helps.....!!

• GrayDav4276
    Options

To quote a Johnny Nash hit from 1972.....

"THERE ARE MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS".........with/from tado 🤣😂😀😎

• cuke2u
    Options

Well the issue appears to have been resolved as it has come on as normal for the last two mornings. Without needing to move anything as my internet bridge is nowhere near the Sky hub and hasn't been since I installed it, so not what was causing the issue unfortunately.

• LowerGoodwin
    Options

Yes same here, not moved anything or changed any settings but its playing ball again, can only think that Tado have been playing behind the scenes.

• cuke2u
    Options

Well now the schedule appears to be working, but with a 5 mins delay from its set time. Very strange..

• LowerGoodwin
    Options

Funny that as ours came on at about 6.36 this morning rather than the 6.30 its programmed to😂😂

• cuke2u
    Options

I think Tado's clock need to be wound up, no pun intended...