Wiring up a Ideal Vogue C32 GEN2 with V3 starter kit.

Options

Hello!

After reading the forums, it seems like this should be pretty easy but the instructions / boiler don't make this easy for my simple head - clearly!

I'm trying to upgrade from a Ideal touch wireless thermostat.

Here are some pictures of what I can see.

@johnnyp78 - any advice? You seem to be a helpful chap!

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
    That wireless receiver in the boiler is going to cause you problems unless you completely unwire it. I think you then need to put a timer link plug in. Have you tried installing the Tado with the receiver still installed? It might work though. Have you had customised install instructions from Tado? That’s usually a good starting point.
  • wateroakley
    Options

As Johnny says, start with install instructions from Tado. Looking at what you have published, assuming this is mains and not low voltage, Tado CH will connect into the room stat/timer connections. Then make sure the wireless stat receiver is ‘on’, I.e. bridged.

• I needed the install instructions from Tado to get things to work properly.

I could not get two wired into the L and N terminals, as the holes were too small. I did a neat job by cutting the ferules off, joining the L from the mains, and the L (brown) from the receiver. Then inserting twisted into the terminal. Did the same for the N (blue).

When I first tried to power the receiver from the mains using a separate mains plug, things did not work.