Basic TRV not working

Options
decoy
decoy
edited November 2023 in General Questions & Topics

Hi,

I have an issue where my one Basic TRV has stopped working. I have a bunch of the standard ones, that are all working fine. Ive had the system for about a year.

I noticed the radiator (the problematic valve was attached to ) was always on and the app was showing the little disconnected 'X'. Its constantly making a winding sound and the LED lights move from both ends to the middle, this happens every few seconds and when attached or detached. The only other thing it does do is goes into the setup (spanner symbol) when I remove and reattach it to the radiator. It goes thru the process but fails and returns to its winding noise cycle.

Ive reinstalled it a few times, removed the batteries for extended periods of time, tried repairing, tried other TRVs on the radiator in question and tried the 'faulty' one on other radiators, its not changing and seems to be the common problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any solutions?

Answers

• Jillox
    Options

I have a similar issue. Everything worked fine last winter. One valve indicates on the app that everything is fine but the radiator is permanently on. I haven't found a solution yet. Anyone else?

• wateroakley
    Options

If you have tried resetting the TRV by removing the batteries, leave out for at least 30 secs, and reinsert … sounds like a faulty TRV.

• Bridged
    Options
    Have you tried putting some spray oil into the troublesome radiator valve? Apologies if grandmother and eggs!