Wireless temperature sensor problem

Options
I have a room controlled by the wireless temperature sensor . It controls the smart radiator valve . The sensor doesn’t get the temperature up to the target temp before switching off the boiler .I have to keep increasing the target temp to get it to switch the heating on again .
Any ideas welcome

Answers

• davidlyall
    Options

How far off the target is it?

It's quite normal for tado to turn off the heating before reaching the set temp as there will be remaining heat in the radiator that continues to heat the room so you should find that the room does reach the set temp

If tado kept the heat on until it reached the set temp them the room would potentially overshoot by quite a bit.

This is also why tado turns on the heating when above set temp as it will be seeing a drop in temp and wants to arrest that before it drops too far below.

I would recommend that you let tado do its thing so that it can learn how that room behaves.

• Thanks David

That’s very helpful ! However I m not sure that the residual heat would have done the job as it was cooling down when I looked so it should have turned on again? Am I right in thinking that the wireless sensor overrides anything that the rad thermostat is ‘thinking? The sensor is definitely set as the main device .interested in your comment about Tado learning about the room.perhaps I should give it some more time .only just got set up !
    Thanks so much
    Jo by n
  • wateroakley
    Options

If this is a new install I'd suggest you let Tado do it's early learning before trying to second guess what is happening and 'helping' by changing settings.