Wrong room heating up

Options

We have inherited our tado system with a house purchase and have smart thermostats on every radiator in the house. We have had a few troubles with it. Over the summer I programmed all of the rooms to OFF FROST PROTECT but on 2 random occasions that I am aware of all the heating came on in the house even though the app said the rooms were off on frost protect. I changed all of the batteries in the thermostats around the house and re-synced the thermostat on the wall.

This morning I decided it's time to program the bathroom radiators to come on to dry our towels. A radiator downstairs came on and not the bathroom radiators. I have checked the code on the thermostats and they are still all correct as to what ones they are grouped in on the app. Why would the wrong radiator have come on?

I also have a few spanners on the thermostats indicating an error but it is not displaying an error code on the thermostat or on the app - how do I resolve this!?

I have tried googling this and you tube but no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options

The spanner on the TRV head suggests that it has not been correctly mounted or calibrated. That could leave the valve pin up or down (radiator valve open or closed). That could result in the room rad not heating, or the wrong room rad always heating whenever you call for CH ON. Refitting and twisting the TRV head onto the slim base is sometimes fiddly. The slim base can spin, leaving the TRV head not fully connected to the base lug. As ever with TRV radiator valves, the valve pin can become stuck, up or down (valve open or closed)

First thing to do is to remove the TRV head and take out the batteries. Check the radiator valve pin moves down and up freely (e.g. use the flat side of a screwdriver). Leave the TRV battery out for a couple of minutes, reinsert batteries and reconnect/twist the TRV head onto the rad valve. Check the TRV light sequence behaves correctly. Second, make sure it's the correct TRV head for the room by asking the app to send 'Hi' to the room, check that the TRV answers 'Hi'. Third, use the manual temperature over-ride for the room to heat the room. The instruction can take up to a minute or so from your app, bouncing around the internet, before your home receives the instruction. Mostly, you can hear the TRV head making a slight noise when opening or closing. Check that the correct rad begins heating.