Using EU version receiver for Combi-boilers with a Regular boiler to get Opentherm/Ebus

Options

Has anyone tried this? I have been advised by Tado Support that in order to use Opentherm/Ebus I need to buy the EU receiver. The EU receiver says it's for Combi-boilers, but, as I explained to Tado support, I have a regular boiler with a hot water tank. They seem to think this won't be an issue and the digital connection on the EU receiver will run the hot water as well the heating with Ebus.

Sounds odd to me but willing to give it a try...

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If that’s what Tado support said you could give it a try, but as far as I know nearly all system boilers won’t work with a modulating connection. Yours might be an exception.
  • badmoon11
    Options

Got it. Simple to install and it works perfectly.

• badmoon11
    Options

Correction. Not working perfectly at all! It did heat both the radiators and the hot water tank but now only does the radiators (working well) and just occasionally the hot water tank. Not sure whats going on. TADO support now say I bought the wrong device (EU version).

• spinnekop
    Options

That sounds about right. I have the EU version with a combi boiler and it works well for CH using opentherm. Water heated on demand.

• badmoon11
    Options

Slightly cross about this advice. Hoping I can find a work around maybe by using the old timer to run hot water and leave TADO to do the heating.