British Gas UP2 terminals for HW off and heating Off not used?

Options
Hello
Trying to work out the connections in the British Gas UP2 before removing them for wiring tado controller, there seems that the terminals 1 and 2 are not used. Our HW and central heating system works fine, so there connections must be somewhere. But without knowing this I don't want to attempt to connect only 4 wires. It doesn't make sense to me. Any advice is appreciated.

Best Answer

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The easiest way is to insert pictures is from a web browser on a PC using copy/paste.

Answers

• wateroakley
    Options

@Sam7756 Have you reached out to Tado for the install wiring instructions?

Too many variables to be certain. Best to post photos of the box and backplate wiring. If this is a BG rebadged Drayton controller, six terminals with four wires sounds right. What is the make/model of the thermostat and how are you rewiring it? Is this a S-Plan or Y-Plan? What make/model is the boiler?

• Sam7756
    Options
    Hello
    Many thanks for your points.

There are actually six wires used but from 4 terminals. One option may be to extend the six wires and connect them to the 4 tado terminals matching the back box wiring. But not sure if it could damage anything?

The thermostat is wireless and have included the photo. I understand that the thermostat should be disconnect or turned to the maxmuim. That is the next challenge.

Based on my research and utube, there is a 3 way valve, hence it is a Y formation.
    The make of the boiler is warm glow. Now, I will attempt to attach some photos.

Many thanks again.
    Sorry not sure how to upload photos 😞

Sam
  • Sam7756
    Options

Many thanks for your help. Didn't think of using the laptop ...LOL

These are the photos

regards