Tado turns on during the night when all zones are turned off.

Options
Why does Tado turn on when all zones are set to off, the boiler and pump cycle 24 hours a day, not very energy efficient. Do I have to fit a mechanical time switch to rectify this?

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options

Our Tado system doesn't do that. No good reason to fit a mechanical time switch that I can think of. You'll need to provide more info ... Is this a new install or existing setup? What are the components of your setup? Do you mean the boiler and pump is running 24x7? Or comes on unexpectedly? Or do you mean 'short cycling'?

Potential reasons ... a) If it is a combi boiler, it may be set to preheat the hot water. b) If the boiler and pump is running 24/7 I'd be very suspicious of a faulty/siezed zone valve; or a wiring problem for new install. c) If it's a system boiler with a HW tank, and you have the HW set to 24/7, the tank thermostat will call for heat when required. d) It's been cold here the past couple of days. If your boiler is in an unheated location like ours, it should have a frost stat and pipe stat. When it's cold, they would call the boiler for heat. e) if it's the boiler 'short cycling', does it require an external bypass or leave one radiator unrestricted?