Nefit Proline HRC 30 (Bosch) wired connection to boiler

Options

Hi All,

I’m connecting wired TaDo to Nefit boiler, it’s an OpenTherm boiler/connection, I cannot really manage settings its needed from TaDo to communicate properly.

1. does the wire direction connection matter here? I cannot figure out what is right, where +/-, on boiler it’s not specified anywhere, boiler documentation doesn't explain thermostat parameters.

2. In TaDo settings I set D24, HC2, HW-V, EK-V. TaDo started to see the water details, it can turn on heat, but cannot turn it off.

It seems like I close, but to many options to try from D24 (it's 9 times HC, then inside each HW/EK params) menu + I'm not sure if wires are connected correctly, it's X2 times to try. Somewhat too much just to play. Please advice if there is more meaningful way to find which settings for it are correct rather than playing around, as the boiler doesn't answer in the same second, it takes tons of the time to test all possible params.

thanks!

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options
    If it’s Opentherm it’s d01. At the moment you’re trying to set it for ebus. EK should be off unless you have an extension kit/wireless receiver installed as well. Wire polarity doesn’t matter

There’s a manual here https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/7k4rssnm8hbmr6mjf94qmck/104210-DIGITAL-ST01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-EN-00-V3.pdf
  • DenFo
    Options

@johnnyp78 I didn't realize there's a separate instance for OpenTherm, I blindly looking at Nefit section. Indeed, after I set D01 it all works so far, even showing the water, appreciate your help, many thanks!