Internet off line

Options
If I've set up away mode so that when I'm on holiday everything is shut off, what happens if I lose Internet while I'm away. I've been told that it "keeps" the last schedule. Does this mean, the last schedule is downloaded to the receiver? So it the last schedule was on, and Internet is down - the last downloaded is kept working. If I've configured away mode and Internet goes down, it still works on away mode?

Thanks

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You can’t really shut anything off with tado or most modern heating systems but you can set away mode to 5c - frost protection. If you’d set your rooms to that and there was an internet outage, they would remain on that temp.
  • Wayne67
    Options
    Hi,thanks for your reply.
    Reading between the lines, are you saying it is true for any schedule - would the last schedule stay active until the tado cloud or my internet comes back on line, as in an outage?
    If the last schedule was away mode and I lost the Internet after the set up, would it still work as away mode. I'm using room thermostat only
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    If you lost your Internet connection, Tado would stay in the last state - if it was set to 5c it would stay at 5c, if it was set to 15c, it would stay at 15c.
  • Wayne67
    Options
    Hi thanks

One more, I heard that the loss of connection can cause issue when it restarts relating to ip address - are you aware of this?

Thanks
  • AskStu
    Options

I think you will find that the heating comes on, and never goes off

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/20708/lost-internet-heating-full-on

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I’ve had a lot of broadband issues this year and for me at least that isn’t the case. The heating stays in the state it was when the bridge lost connection with the servers.