Faulty Tado?????

Options

I recently purchased a Tado V3+ wired thermostat and bridge, it was a simple two wire installation to replace my old thermostat. I unfortunately since installation it has eaten batteries within hours. I got through about twelve batteries in a week and thinking maybe they were old and maybe not best condition I purchased brand new Duracell batteries. I put them in the thermostat at about 7:30pm today and by 9:30pm I got a low battery warning. Taking the batteries out they were very warm to the touch, I put them back and the thermostat showed full battery power again in the app. I think there is something seriously wrong with these thermostats as I have read others reporting issues in the past and some speak of it being faulty firmware.

Has anyone here got experience of such issues?

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options

Not come across your symptoms in two years with three wireless thermostats. I’d suggest you have a faulty unit. Return it to the vendor for a replacement.

• I've got 2 wired thermostats that have been installed for 2 years and I haven't had a low battery warning yet. Would suggest that you have a faulty unit, or it has not been installed correctly. My money is on a faulty unit, which unfortunately can happen with anything. Can you return for a replacement?