Issue with geofencing

Options

It seems there is a bug with geofencing. My app correctly detects that I’m away. All rooms controlled by thermostatic valve are controlling temp based on away setting. However the room controlled by a wireless thermostat keeps using the home schedule.

Comments

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Take a look at your wireless room thermostat settings for 'away'. Our apple iOS app, with the wireless room thermostats, works out when we are set as away.

• No it doesn’t work out. My away setting for the wireless thermostat ( actually a smart temp sensor) is at 18 C and I’ve switched off the pre heating. The Home setting is 20C. When I’m 60 km away from home, the ios app shows “away” but the room where the wireless sensor is showing a set temp of 20 C. All other rooms with thermostat valves, are set at the away temp.

• Have added a picture of status in Away mode. Notice that the room with that the room called “eetplaats” with the wireless sensor is at 20 C the home setting (should be 18 C) and all other rooms are set at 17 C, the away temp for the rooms with tado radiator valves. I have forced the geofencing setting to away to demonstrate the issue.

• reef2417
    Options
    I am having same problem as you. Not sure what to do.
  • pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

Have you turned off Geofencing control in the room schedule? You can turn this on and off for each time block, so easy to miss

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Have you over-ridden AWAY Mode for that room in the Smart schedule? Go into Smart Schedule>Select Room>Select Time Block and check Geofencing control.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@pcone Sorry for duplication I must have been typing when you posted.