Thermostatic valve control.

Options
So I've installed my tado system, I used a bridge,temp controller and wireless thermostat. I also installed 4 of thermostatic valves. I have set each room on the schedule to what I need, all different. When the heating comes on to heat bedroom the front room raidiator also heats up when it shouldn't be as its not set to call for heat at that time. I have left 1 rad in bathroom free flowing to balance pressure in system.

Answers

• dealj
    Options

Does the tado app indicate the front room is calling for heat when your issue happens?

• Gstar80
    Options
    No its showing green. Which I presume means no heat the rooms that are calling for heat are orange
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Check if the tado trv in your front room is screwed on tightly enough, if it is it might be that the trv base is jammed. It could also be that the tado trv isn’t in range of the bridge.
  • davidlyall
    Options

The colour of the tiles is only an indication of temperature set. Shades of green up to 18.5C then shades of orange from 19C to 25C.

Below the temp, it will say either "Set to x.x" or "Heating to x.x". If it says "Heating to x.x", then you need to go into the tile to see the number of heat lines. If only one room is requesting a low amount of heat, Tado will not always fire up the boiler

As @johnnyp78 says, check the mounting of the TRV on the front room radiator as it sounds like it's unable to shut off the flow