Tado Smart radiator, thermostat not working properly (flat temp and inconsistent)

Options

Hi all,

I have a count of 5 Tado smart radiator thermostats. I bought all new, but one of them, after three months of use, started to provide an inconsistent room temperature and remains flat even for humidity.

During the summer, I kept the device with no batteries inside, and after six months of no energy, no positive result.

I rested the device, but no positive result

I replaced the batteries with new Varta ones, but no positive results.

I have attached it below; the thermostat is placed next to the one which currently indicates 21.2 degrees, as can be seen, is showing with ~5 degrees more.

The silly thing, the serial number in the app does not match the serial numbers from the original packages, so I don't know which is which to figure out from where I bought it and the guarantee is still alive.

No errors are for the thermostat with flat temperature. Is there any solution for this? or is it just an expensive but low-quality product?

Thank you all in advance

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you checked the battery door is making contact with the batteries? It sometimes doesn’t.
  • The door from the battery is closed and makes contact. The device works digitally, lights, and you have wireless connectivity, but it looks like the sensors that are reading the temp/humidity are down.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Always possible that it’s faulty. If it’s new, reach out to your supplier.