Why doesn't the boiler do what I set in Tado?

Options
Hello. I can't control the boiler using Tado. The system was installed by previous owner, but I can't get them to work together. No matter what changes I make in Tado or whatever temperature is shows, my central heating wouldn't stop working and doesn't settle on the temperature I set in Tado. Everything seems to be connected from my app: the bridge, the smart thermostat, the extension kit. But the boiler works by itself with no stoping. Would it help to turn off and on all the devices? Thank you for eventual help.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Is there a schedule set in the app? Sounds like the system might be following that.
  • veketash
    Options
    That's the problem, it doesn't follow the schedule nor the temperature I set. It seems it works apart from Tado.
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Do you have a wired Tado thermostat? Or a wireless receiver with wireless thermostat? what lights are on? Is this a combi boiler? Or S-plan? with CH and HW valves? Or? Is the internet working ? Have you checked what is happening on the zone valves? Can you post pictures of you heating system, controls and what is happening on the Tado app?

With the briefest of information … This could be a stuck relay on the wireless receiver? Possibly, a flat battery in a TRV? The internet off-line? Or, far more likely, a faulty zone valve, which would result in the boiler permanently ‘on’.

• veketash
    veketash
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Thanks for the answer.
    Extension kit works via cable with the boiler and wireless with the wireless smart thermostat.
    There is a light on the extension kit that slowly increases and decreases in intensity (as it should).
    It's a combi boiler : Atag i30CZ (i serie)
    Of course the internet is working. I would have to be the dumbest person to come here and ask this without knowing if my internet works. All the devices communicate if I change something in the app, it changes directly on the thermostats.
    There is, I think, a problem related to the zone thing. It looks like the boiler doesn't see any thermostat connected to it.