Tado password with new modem

Options

Having a new modem and it is so long since I set Tado up (trouble free!) that I've forgotten what I might need to do. Presumably change to the new password. Will it just ask for it or will I have to do it in settings somewhere in my account?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You’ll need to plug in the bridge to the router. As far as I know that’s it.
  • wateroakley
    Options

Plug the bridge into the router Ethernet port and usb power. Just done that today with a new EE router. Tado was the least our our worries.

• dcweather
    Options

Thanks. What other problems did you have. My home network is mainly just TVss, Mobiles, Laptops and Alexa stuff.

• davidlyall
    Options

If you're comfortable doing it, you could just reconfigure the new router WiFi to have the same SSID and password as you're old one. Then devices will just connect without the hassle of having to update everything

On the Tado front, as @johnnyp78 says, just plug the bridge into the new router. The only issue you might have is due to the Tado bridge using a very slow standard for communication. Some routers struggle with this resulting in the whole home network running slow. If that happens, cthe best solutions appears to be to have a cheap managed switch to connect between router and bridge

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@dcweather Switching to a new EE hub, best part of a day I’ll never get back … Easy: New hub, Tado, wired PCs, tapo smart plugs, iphone, iPad. A bit of a faff: printer, doorbell, Wi-Fi extender, Smart TV. Hard: outside socket with Wifi extender. Failed: EV charger, Apple TV box, camera. Don’t underestimate the time to find the instructions on-line or faff around with apps and new settings that don’t work.